This two–year program concentrates on the complexities of the movement of goods and services across the globe. You will receive hands–on training in international selling and marketing, international trade documentation and transportation selection. In addition, you will research and complete a comprehensive export marketing plan. This program incorporates state–of–the–art computer technology and interactive teaching methods, including case analyses, to maximize your learning. You’ll study alongside students from across the globe – making the classroom experience rich and diverse. You will also have the opportunity to learn from award–winning faculty with extensive expertise in international business and to interact with industry professionals – to maximize your learning experience.
As a student in this program, you will also have the opportunity to travel internationally and network in international arenas.
This Seneca College program meets the system-wide standards as set by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Take into account the impact of various economic, legal, cultural, geographical, and political systems on international business.
- Apply computer skills and knowledge to support the international business functions.
- Assist in the importing and exporting functions of a business.
- Conduct business in compliance with relevant national and international law, legislation, policies, and regulations.
- Conduct business with diverse populations using culturally appropriate methods.
- Collect, process, and interpret data used to support international business.
- Develop personal and professional strategies to improve job performance, work relationships, and stress management.
- Contribute to the planning, directing, and evaluating of individual and team projects.
- Apply financial knowledge and skills to the operation of an international business.
- Take into account the business advantages of being multilingual.
- Apply teamwork knowledge and skills when working with coworkers, supervisors, and others.
- Apply knowledge of quality control and assurance programs to sourcing and supplying.
- Apply the principles of business ethics and international corporate responsibility.
- Develop strategies to prepare for the contingencies associated with personal international travel.
- Participate in the development of an international marketing plan which includes marketing objectives, marketing mix, strategies, budgetary considerations, and evaluation criteria.